Hosted by myself and Frugal Kiwi, the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee is our Internet version of a quilting bee. Each of our lives is a patchwork of what was passed down to us, what we find around us, and what people share with us. We hope that you’ll join us by adding a virtual “patch.”
Each week we feature our favorite submissions from the previous blog hop. Here are three that caught my eye.
1. I love the pants bowl shared by Kanelstrand! Great way to upcycle old pants – PLUS, I’ve just started crocheting again. Score!
2. Eight Acres shared a cure for dealing with hens who eat their eggs. Very interesting – I’d heard that a deficiency could be the culprit in this situation, but this solution? New to me!
3. Knife-Fork-Spoon shared a post about curing olives naturally. My dad makes great olives (really great) but he uses lye and that just kind of creeps me out. I’d love to try the natural method, though I don’t know how feasible it would be to ship olives here. Maybe I’ll have to visit dad when his trees are ready to harvest…
Time to add your piece to the quilt. We hope you will share the best posts that you have to offer to enrich our lives in this week’s Patchwork Living Bee. Now, for a couple guidelines for our new Blogging Bee community.
- Please share links to posts that will help our readers live a more simple, sustainable, and frugal lifestyle.
- Recipes are welcome, but remember we cook with real food around here, so if you post something made from boxes, cans, and processed cheese food, we may exercise editorial control and hit the delete button.
- Please place a link back to one of the hosting blogs. You can write a new post announcing you’ve linked in to the blogging bee or simply add a sentence to the bottom of the post you are sharing saying that it is part of the blogging bee and adding a link to this page. This will help build the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee community and bring more readers from everyone’s blogs over to have a look and learn from the shared wisdom.
Now for the exciting part, new links. Also, if you’d like to add the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee Badge to your site, you will find the code over in the left sidebar. Need a smaller size? Let us know. Happy linking!
Please remember to add a link back to this post!