Welcome to the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee, our Internet version of a quilting bee. Each of our lives is a patchwork of what was passed down to us, what we find around us, and what people share with us. Hosted by myself and Frugal Kiwi, we hope that you’ll join us by adding a virtual “patch.”
Each week we feature our favorite submissions from the previous blog hop. Mine are listed below; you can see Melanie’s favorites at Frugal Kiwi.
1. Amy at Backyard Bounty writes about cover crops, something I have very little experience with, making me curious about whether or not a cover crop would be valuable in a region like mine with no cold winter. Something else to look into!
2. Remember old-fashioned handkerchiefs? NZ Ecochick writes about switching over to cloth for tissues and other household duties. Smart!
3. I enjoyed reading The Backyard Pioneer’s thoughts on a simple potato masher. Whatever did happen to items that last?
Authors of featured posts are invited to display our special “Featured on Patchwork Living Blogging Bee” Badge. If you choose to display it, please link back to the post in which you were featured.
Time to add your piece to the quilt. We hope you will share the best posts that you have to offer to enrich our lives in this week’s Patchwork Living Bee. Now, for a couple guidelines for our new Blogging Bee community.
- Please share links to posts that will help our readers live a more simple, sustainable, and frugal lifestyle.
- Recipes are welcome, but remember we cook with real food around here, so if you post something made from boxes, cans, and processed cheese food, we may exercise editorial control and hit the delete button.
- Please place a link back to one of the hosting blogs. You can write a new post announcing you’ve linked in to the blogging bee or simply add a sentence to the bottom of the post you are sharing saying that it is part of the blogging bee and adding a link to this page. This will help build the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee community and bring more readers from everyone’s blogs over to have a look and learn from the shared wisdom. It’s also common blog hop courtesy and we are sure you are all very polite people who wouldn’t want to be rude!
Now for the exciting part, new links. Also, if you’d like to add the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee Badge to your site, you will find the code over in the left sidebar. Need a smaller size? Let us know. Happy linking!