If you’re a part of the Attainable Sustainable Facebook group, you’ve seen me mention Frugal Kiwi more than once. I’m a bit of a fan, see, so I’m thrilled to announce a new feature in collaboration with Melanie McMinn, the mastermind behind the New Zealand based Frugal Kiwi.
Together, we will be hosting a weekly blog hop – let’s call it midweek. Since Melanie and I are in quite different time zones, it will run on NZ Wednesday/USA Tuesday. When you post your link here at Attainable Sustainable, it automatically shows up over on Frugal Kiwi, too. Or vice versa. A two for one deal.
We’re calling our blog hop the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee because when Melanie and I were talking about starting this we remembered when people used to (and still do!) get together as a group to make a quilt. We feel like each of our lives is a patchwork of what was passed down to us, what we find around us, and what people share with us.
Each week we’ll choose a few links from the previous blog hop to feature. This week, we chose our favorites from the recent Show and Tell link post on the Frugal Kiwi.
Authors of featured posts are invited to display our special “Featured on Patchwork Living Blogging Bee” Badge. If you choose to display it, please link back to a host blog post on the week where your post was featured.
These posts caught our fancy this week:
1. Family Cloths. I’m in the midst of writing about, um, toileting, and this post definitely caught my eye. Read this post and you’ll have a sensible system for turning old sheets into reusable toilet wipes to replace toilet paper.
2. Breaking out of Consumerville. This little post says in a nutshell what both the Frugal Kiwi AND Attainable Sustainable, in their own different ways, are all about. Pop over and have a read.
3. Feel at Home’s Honey Lemon Face Polish. Melanie is a sucker for honey lemon anything. Obviously taking honey lemon, then making it into a decadent face polish AND making it frugal, well, that’s the bee’s knees for her!
Time to add your piece to the quilt. We hope you will share the best posts that you have to offer to enrich our lives in this week’s Patchwork Living Bee. Now, for a couple guidelines for our new Blogging Bee community.
- Please share links to posts that will help our readers live a more simple, sustainable, and frugal lifestyle.
- Recipes are welcome, but remember we cook with real food around here, so if you post something made from boxes, cans, and processed cheese food, we may exercise editorial control and hit the delete button.
- Please place a link back to one of the hosting blogs. You can write a new post announcing you’ve linked in to the blogging bee or simply add a sentence to the bottom of the post you are sharing saying that it is part of the blogging bee and adding a link to this page. This will help build the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee community and bring more readers from everyone’s blogs over to have a look and learn from the shared wisdom. It’s also common blog hop courtesy and we are sure you are all very polite people who wouldn’t want to be rude!
Now for the exciting part, new links. Also, if you’d like to add the Patchwork Living Blogging Bee Badge to your site, you will find the code over in the right hand sidebar. Need a smaller size? Let us know. Happy linking!