Need a quick and easy weeknight meal? You’re just 30 minutes away from a tasty dinner with this crispy baked breaded chicken breast recipe.
Baked breaded chicken breast for a fast meal
Cooking a delicious, homemade meal on a weeknight is a challenge that most people can relate to, especially if you’re trying to avoid fast food options.
This old fashioned herb crusted chicken recipe is both delicious and speedy! In about 30 minutes, you’ll have a delectable, homemade meal on the table, and if you have little ones at home—bonus—because kids love baked breaded chicken breast tenders!
Making this breaded chicken recipe
The white meat of chicken breasts is the favored cut for homemade chicken tenders, but you could also use boneless thighs for a more budget-friendly meal. You’ll dip chicken pieces in an egg wash and then panko breadcrumbs to give them a crispy, crusty coating.
5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Pantry!
Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? Let me help you make some changes! Grab my FREE five-part guide to getting started.
Brown them quickly on the stovetop, then pop them in the oven for a quick meal. (You can save a pan to wash if you brown and bake in a cast iron frying pan.)
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or whip up a batch of my family’s favorite “dip,” this thick and creamy Caesar salad dressing.
If you enjoy this chicken recipe and have little ones at home, be sure to check out the What a Good Eater! cookbook. What a Good Eater! is a baby and toddler cookbook filled with wholesome, family friendly recipes designed to promote a well-rounded eater right from the get-go.
Try serving this delicious, baked breaded chicken breast recipe with a fresh garden salad, a side of rainbow carrots or baked sweet potato, and a crisp glass of white wine to kick off your evening!
★ Did you make this baked breaded chicken breast recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Crack the eggs into a medium size mixing bowl and add the water. Lightly beat the eggs with a fork to create an egg wash. Spread the bread crumbs evenly on a plate. Dip one chicken breast into the egg wash, allow any excess to drip off, and then place it into the bread crumbs. Gently press the chicken in the bread crumbs to completely coat both sides. Set aside on a plate and repeat with all the chicken.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Once hot, add the chicken in batches and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. (Tip: the chicken should sizzle when added to the pan.) Add the remaining tablespoon of oil if needed to cook the second batch.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest for five minutes. Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Serve!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 719mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 25g
Originally published in November 2016; this post has been updated.