This homemade cranberry sauce recipe is a holiday favorite. It’s SUPER easy to make this cranberry sauce with orange juice & ginger for a zingy side dish.
Even if you’re a fan of the canned cranberry jelly that graces so many of our holiday tables, try serving this recipe alongside the jellied version. You might just like both!
We have a holiday tradition at our house. Each family member is asked to “bring” a dish. This way, even if it’s just my immediate family in the house, I don’t end up doing all the cooking.
That just makes sense, right? Four or five years ago, my eldest son (a non-cook, if ever there was one) took it upon himself to figure out how to make his favorite dish — cranberry sauce — from scratch.
Related: Vegetarian butternut squash stuffing
Cranberry sauce with orange juice and ginger
He created a lower sugar version of a recipe passed along years ago by my friend Rene. It was stellar. He was pleased with himself. And so it became his signature holiday dish. We all love it.
Cranberries are far from local for us — duly noted.
But if given the choice between a canned, BPA-laden tradition, or one homemade from the heart, we’ll take this one every time.
This homemade cranberry sauce with orange juice and ginger graces our table at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Homemade cranberry sauce recipe
This is truly one of the easiest recipes you can make for your holiday table, and it can be made a few days ahead. It’s a sanity saver, too!
★ Did you make this homemade cranberry sauce recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
Cranberry Sauce with Orange Juice and Ginger
This cranberry sauce with orange juice and ginger will rock your holiday table! It's easy to make with just four ingredients.
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (2-12 ounce bags)
- 2 cups granulated organic cane sugar
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 5-6 slices piece of fresh ginger
Measure all ingredients together into a medium sized saucepan.
Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cool.
Remove ginger slices and serve. (Really, can it get any easier??)
You can make this homemade cranberry sauce recipe a few days before serving it. Allow it to cool before storing in the fridge. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
More cranberry recipes for the holiday season (and beyond!)
- Brandied cranberry sauce [Homespun Seasonal Living]
- Cranberry satsuma relish [Delicious Obsessions]
- Rustic cranberry apple galette [Raia’s Recipes]
- Cranberry kombucha [Joybilee Farm]
- Fermented honey cranberries [Grow Forage Cook Ferment]
- Cranberry punch [Homestead Lady]
- Cranberry whole wheat muffins [The Lean Green Bean]
- Lacto-fermented cranberry apple relish [Learning and Yearning]
- Cranberry honey mustard [Homespun Seasonal Living]
- Grain free cranberry apple crisp [Delicious Obsessions]
- Cranberry-cherry sauce [Common Sense Homesteading]
- Cranberry walnut cheeseball [Raia’s Recipes]
- Dehydrating dried cranberries [Ever Growing Farm]
- Cranberry lemon curd [Teaspoon of Spice]