If you know what PSL stands for then you’re in the right place. Furthermore, you’re probably smiling from ear to ear because this healthy pumpkin spice latte will be your new fall favorite!
I always think it’s such a shame that pumpkin spice only comes around once a year…however, I suppose if it was around more often than that, this season wouldn’t be as special as it is. But if you’re one of the ones that find yourself Jonesing for pumpkin spice in February, then bookmark, pin, or save this post however you like so you can fulfill that craving year round. And be sure to whip up this homemade pumpkin spice mix so it’s in your cupboard whenever you need it.
The beauty of this homemade recipe is it can be adapted however you like. Dairy-free? No problem! Watching your sugar intake? Simple! Less pumpkin, more spice? You got it! Adapt this recipe to your heart’s content and come back again and again and again…and again!
Healthy Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
- 6 oz. double-strength coffee (or 2 shots espresso)
- 1 ¼ cup milk (coconut milk or cashew milk for dairy-free)
- ¼ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2 T. organic maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin spice
- pinch vanilla bean powder (or ¼ tsp vanilla extract)
- Brew double-strength coffee while you warm your milk on the stove.
- Pour all ingredients into a high powered blender and mix until frothy.
- Pour into a mug and top with an extra sprinkle of pumpkin spice.
- Sip, savor, and come back again and again.
Pro-tip! Skip the blender and save some dishes by mixing and frothing your latte with this handheld stainless steel electric milk frother!
Here’s to fall…and all things pumpkin! But if pumpkin isn’t your only fall favorite, check out this delicious gingerbread latte! It’s so hard to choose! And here’s to fires in the wood stove, the changing colors of the leaves, scarves and sweaters and cozy blankets to snuggle in close. Fill up a mug and enjoy the changing of the seasons. Happy Fall!
Make mine an iced pumpkin spice latte!
If you prefer your pumpkin spice lattes cold, make an iced version. Simply make the coffee and cool it before adding all of the ingredients to the blender. Serve over ice.