Peach season means fresh peaches galore, but they’re also a tasty addition to recipes — like this peach tart. You’ll need just five ingredients to pull this one together!
If you’ve got fresh peaches, give this old-fashioned peach cobbler a try, too.
Why is it that sugar cookies are relegated to December? Maybe it’s the fact that making and shaping cookies can take time; great for family holiday baking, but a bit time intensive when we’re busy with life. Making the dough, though, is pretty easy. And this peach tart recipe only requires that you press the dough into a tart pan. Also pretty easy. So it’s a great way to indulge in the flavor of sugar cookies with less work (and more fruit!).
Cookie dough peach tart
Start by making this homemade sugar cookie dough. One batch is enough to make two 9-inch tarts. Make two, or freeze one half for later. To use another time, just thaw dough at room temperature and proceed as directed.)
Press dough evenly into a round tart pan, then spread it with cream cheese frosting.
You’ll have an easier time slicing freestone peaches if you can find them. These peaches come easily off of the pit, whereas clingstone peaches do not. To break the freestone peach flesh away from its pit, make a cut from the stem to the bottom of the peach and back up again. Make sure to cut all the way to the stone. Give each half a little twist in opposite directions and they’ll pop apart into two halves. Remove the peach pit and cut the halves into slices.
5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Pantry!
Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? Let me help you make some changes! Grab my FREE five-part guide to getting started.
The pretty peach tart picture here uses a single peach, but if you’ve got an abundance of fresh peaches — or other fruit, really! — load ’em on! It’s like a fruit pizza.
★ Did you make this peach tart? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
- 1/2 recipe sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 peach, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch tart pan with butter or oil.
- Press cookie dough down into the tart pan and up along the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookie crust is lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Using a stand or hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Spread over the top of the cookie layer.
- Cut peach into slices, arranging them around the tart.
Makes 8-10 servings.
A single peach sliced onto the tart makes a pretty presentation, but if you've got lots of peaches on hand? Feel free to layer on more!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g