This healthy chicken noodle soup recipe is the perfect meal for warming up a winter. The addition of turmeric makes it great for cold and flu season.
There are few things more comforting and healing than a warm cup of chicken noodle soup!
This post may contain affiliate links; I'll earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase.
Healing with chicken soup
This healthy chicken noodle soup recipe incorporates healing herbs and spices.
Reader Favorites from Attainable Sustainable
Thyme contains vitamin C and may help bacterial and fungal infections, and sage and turmeric are both excellent anti-inflammatory agents for the body.
Cilantro can help rid the body of harmful toxins and help destroy stressors to the immune system.
Did you know that chicken soup was used in ancient times as a cold remedy? Some doctors believe it may help clear congestion and hydrate the body.
- Sausage Lentil Soup Recipe
- Simple Sourdough Boule Bread Recipe
- Kitchen Hack: Transform Your Leftovers, Eliminate Waste
Whether your body is fighting off an infection or you are just looking for a warm, soothing meal this winter, this flavorful recipe for chicken soup is so delicious and satisfying, it’s bound to do the trick!
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Healthy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 T. green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 carrots (peeled and sliced into ½-inch thick rounds)
- 1½ pounds organic chicken breast (cut into 1-inch by 1-inch pieces)
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tsp. fresh sage, minced
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 6 cups chicken broth (Try this homemade recipe!)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced (you may substitute with parsley if preferred)*
- 1 cup dry whole wheat pasta such as macaroni or fusilli
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add the green onion and stir until fragrant, about one minute. Add the garlic and stir continuously for 30 seconds to prevent burning. Stir in carrots and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chicken, salt, pepper, thyme, sage, and turmeric. Brown the chicken for 8-10 minutes or until mostly white (not pink) on the outside.
- Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Add the macaroni and simmer for 6-7 minutes or until the carrots are softened, the pasta is al dente, and the chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the cilantro and stir. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. Serve!