This white zucchini lasagna recipe is cheesy goodness at its best. A perfect way to take advantage of prolific zucchini in season!
On a gluten-free diet? Cutting carbs? This zucchini lasagna recipe is your ticket to an easy meal without the wheat. Comfort food at its best, it’s easy to put together from a few real food ingredients. And if your garden is producing a glut of fresh zucchini, using zucchini in place of packaged lasagna noodles just makes sense. (Double the zucchini goodness and serve up this chocolate zucchini bread for dessert!)
Making this zucchini lasagna recipe
Start with garden fresh zucchini, add a couple of different cheeses and spices and bam! Dinner in under an hour.
You can slice the zucchini with a knife, but a mandoline slicer makes nice, uniform slices to use in this zucchini lasagna recipe. If you use a knife, just aim for slices that are 1/8″ thick.
5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Pantry!
Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? Let me help you make some changes! Grab my FREE five-part guide to getting started.
Removing some of the moisture from the zucchini before assembling this zucchini lasagne recipe is a good idea, though you can get by without this step if you’re in a time crunch. To do so, set slices of zucchini on a clean, dry kitchen towel and sprinkle with just a bit of salt. The salt pulls the moisture from the zucchini, and in turn, will prevent the zucchini lasagna from being too “sloppy.” After about 20 minutes, pat the zucchini dry and begin assembly.
Layer the zucchini slices with ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella. Be sure to end with a layer of mozzarella so you’ll get that nice, browned top. (This recipe is made in a loaf pan. Feel free to double the ingredients and bake in an 8″ x 8″ baking dish.)
Serve this zucchini lasagna recipe with a salad or your favorite fresh veggie for a hearty vegetarian meal.
★ Did you make this zucchini lasagna recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Wash and dry the zucchini.
- Cut the end off the zucchini. Carefully slice the zucchini long ways using a mandoline slicer or a knife.
- Sprinkle the zucchini with a bit of salt and place on clean, dry kitchen towels for about 20 minutes. This will help to remove some of the moisture from the zucchini. Pat dry.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil to the ricotta and stir until combined.
- Use a small amount of olive oil to grease the bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
Layer the lasagna:
- Start by placing 2-3 slices of zucchini in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread about ⅓ of the ricotta mixture on the zucchini slices.
- Add about ¼ of the shredded mozzarella.
- Continue layering zucchini, ricotta, and mozzarella in this manner, ending with a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for about ten minutes to firm up.
This recipe is made in a loaf pan. Feel free to double the ingredients and bake in an 8" x 8" baking dish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 12g