These gluten free apple cinnamon muffins are a perfect way to start the day. Or pack them for lunch!
Gluten-free baking certainly holds its set of challenges, but that doesn’t mean delicious baked goods can’t be made without that wheat protein that gives so many of us trouble.
Thankfully, it is possible to make gluten-free muffins flavorful, moist, and also gum- and rice-free.
Gluten free success
A combination of gluten-free flours is your best start towards a good crumb.
Using some whole grain millet and oat flour with a bit of tapioca and garbanzo flour gives a good balance.
A bit of sweetener, plenty of cinnamon, and a good dose of chopped apple seals the deal.
Like many gluten-free baked goods, these muffins are best when cooled completely.
Unlike many gluten-free baked goods, they are still delicious and moist the next day.
So pull those apples from the cellar and get ready for muffins everyone can enjoy.
These gluten free apple cinnamon muffins are a perfect way to start the day.
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground psyllium husk
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (plant-based milk works)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh apple
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine the flours, sugar, psyllium, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Whisk together until all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed together.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs and then mix in the milk, melted fat, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine gently until nearly homogenous. Fold in the apples and make sure all ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups and place the muffin tin into the hot oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffins and place on a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before eating.
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!