Made with rolled oats, these easy apple cinnamon muffins are perfect for breakfast or after school snacking.
Try these orange muffins, too!
If your weeks are as busy as mine, spending some time on the weekend preparing food for the coming week is a good strategy to save time (and headaches). These easy apple cinnamon muffins fit the bill.
They freeze easily. They’re tasty, so kids will love them. And they’re easy to make.
This recipe makes a dozen muffins, but doubling the recipe will feed a hungry crowd or allow you to freeze some for the rest of the week. You can pop a frozen muffin in a school lunch box and it will be thawed and ready to eat by noon.
5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Pantry!
Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? Let me help you make some changes! Grab my FREE five-part guide to getting started.
Making easy apple cinnamon muffins
Here’s another great thing about these apple cinnamon muffins: You can use apples that are not so appealing for fresh eating. You know the ones; the apples that spend too much time in the crisper drawer of the refrigerator and get a little bit soft and wrinkly. They’re perfectly fine for cooking.
I like chunks of apple in my muffins, but if you prefer them less chunky, simply chop the apples smaller. Or grate them.
You can peel the apples if you want, too. Your call.
Once the apples are chopped, it’s just a matter of measuring some ingredients and mixing them together. You can use a stand mixer or a simple bowl and wooden spoon. It’s an easy batter to mix by hand, and honestly, unless your mixer sits out on the counter for easy use, it’s probably not worth pulling it out.
Enjoy these easy apple cinnamon muffins out of hand (and definitely have one fresh and piping hot, right out of the oven). Or break them in half and top with a pat of butter or a spread of jam.
Looking for a gluten free option? Try this gluten free apple cinnamon muffin recipe!
★ Did you make a batch of these easy apple cinnamon muffins? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unbleached organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients until well combined. Add in sugar and wet ingredients, stirring to incorporate.
- Fold in half of the chopped apple.
- Grease a muffin tin and divide batter between muffin cups. Top with the remaining chopped apple and sprinkle each with extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the muffins comes out clean.
Makes 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 3g