When fresh peaches are in season, highlight their sweet goodness — make this peach crumble pie. It’s an easy recipe that uses a single pie crust resulting in a hybrid crumble pie. Or pie crumble. A peach pie with a crumb topping. No matter what you call it, it’s delicious!
If you’ve got fresh peaches, give this old-fashioned peach cobbler a try, too.
When I was a teenager, I worked at my folks’ farm stand. We sold a number of different apple varieties that my dad farmed, from August to December.
When peach season arrived, we’d buy a few bins of fresh peaches from another farmer and sell those, too. Let me tell you. I love apples, but those peaches were such a nice change of pace! They were O’Henry peaches, large freestone fruit that scented the air with their peachy goodness. Customers flocked in from all over when those peaches arrived. (If you’re going to plant fruit trees at your place, I highly recommend the O’Henry peach!)
Easy peach crumble pie
There’s nothing better for fresh snacking than a plate full of freshly sliced peaches, but indulging in a fresh-out-of-the-oven peach dessert is pretty fine, too. This easy peach pie recipe is a contender to consider!
This easy peach pie recipe is a single crust pie — you’ll only need a bottom crust. My grandma’s pie crust recipe makes enough for a top and bottom crust. Divide the pie dough into two pieces; use one for making this peach pie and freeze the other portion so you can have pie again later. To use the frozen dough, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator and roll as normal.
5 Easy Steps to Transform Your Pantry!
Ready to switch from store bought to homemade? Let me help you make some changes! Grab my FREE five-part guide to getting started.
The topping for this peach crumble pie is a bit flexible.
- If you like a deeper flavor, you can use brown sugar instead of white.
- If you’re gluten free, you can use a wheat-free flour instead of the all purpose flour.
- And if you like nuts, feel free to add 1/2-to-3/4 cup of chopped walnuts, pecans, or macadamia nuts to the crumb topping.
Related: Make this Delicious Peach Butter!
★ Did you make this peach pie with crumb topping? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
- Line a 9" pie pan with a rolled-out pie crust.
- Cream sugar and butter together. Add flour and nutmeg; mix until crumbly.
- Spread 1/2 of mixture in pie crust. Top with sliced peaches.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top of peaches.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for ten minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 40 minutes, or until topping begins to brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g