Memorize these five ingredients; you’ll never need a salsa recipe again. Nothing beats this easy garden fresh salsa recipe — it’s my family’s favorite summertime snack.
This post may contain affiliate links; I'll earn a small commission if you choose to make a purchase.
Family favorite salsa recipe
My method for this garden fresh salsa recipe is simple — there’s no measuring involved. Memorize these five ingredients: tomato, hot pepper, onion, garlic, and lime. You’ll never need a salsa recipe again.
The most important ingredient for killer fresh garden salsa is—bar none—garden fresh tomatoes.
Those barely-pink orbs you’ll find at the grocery store? Don’t even bother. Seriously. You will be disappointed. Because that is not actually garden fresh salsa, now, is it?
Feel free to adjust the quantity of ingredients to suit your preference. More garlic is always a good bet. If you like things extra spicy, add another hot pepper. No lime? Feel free to substitute lemon juice. Cilantro is optional, of course.
Related: Fast and Easy Cucumber Salsa Recipe
How to enjoy this garden fresh salsa recipe
As if you need any help with this! Definitely enjoy it fresh. Serve it up with your favorite organic, non-GMO tortilla chips. Or use it to top tacos, tostadas, or refried beans. If you’re looking for a great recipe to preserve your bounty, I suggest you try this salsa recipe for canning. It’s one of our favorites.
★ Did you make this garden fresh salsa recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below! ★
Garden Fresh Salsa Recipe
- 5 medium-sized vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 hot peppers, finely chopped (jalapeño or serrano are good)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Chop tomato and onion into a quarter-inch dice. Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. See how easy that was?
If you'd like, you can add salt and pepper to taste (I usually add about 1/2 teaspoon of each). And if you're a cilantro lover like I am, you can add about 2-3 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro. Note that I did not add cilantro as a mandatory ingredient. It's not for everybody!
Feel free to adjust the quantity of ingredients to suit your preference. If you like things extra spicy, add another hot pepper. No lime? Feel free to substitute lemon juice. Cilantro is optional, of course.
Want to learn to make more of your own pantry staples?
- 50+ recipes from some of the web’s top real food bloggers.
- 100 pages featuring gorgeous photos and simple instructions.
- Replace your favorite supermarket “cheats” with simple homemade alternatives.
- Discover just how easy it is to make your own.
- Save money and eliminate wasteful packaging.