These easy egg recipes are perfect for using all of those farm fresh eggs from your flock! From sweet to savory, the egg dishes here will give you some great ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Be sure to check out these tips for safely storing your eggs!
The incredible, edible egg
Eggs have had a tough run. They’re bad for our cholesterol, we were told. So we separated the yolk from the white, eating things like low-fat egg dishes like egg-white omelets. We bought cartons of “egg whites” to avoid the horrors of a fresh egg.
Turns out that even though eggs are high in cholesterol, that’s not what’s causing our high cholesterol problems. (That honor goes to saturated fat.)
Free Printable Recipe Cards!
Let me send you a collection of recipe cards to help you get started with a homemade pantry! You’ll also get my free weekly newsletter, complete with recipes, gardening tips, and a little peek at what’s going on around here — both the zany and the mundane.!
Are eggs healthy?
One large egg has 6 grams of protein, less than 5 grams of fat, and less than a gram of carbohydrates. This makes them a solid option for those who are low-carbing on a Whole30 or paleo diet, two plans that have made eating eggs healthy again. Eggs are satisfying and filling, and provide nutrients like lutein and xeazanthan.
Easy egg recipes
Springtime generally means an uptick in fresh egg production for those of us who have laying hens. My girls are no exception, and we count on eggs as one of our local food standbys. And that is wonderful, except for one teeny, tiny issue: It’s really easy to get tired of eggs. (Scrambled, hard boiled, fried, repeat.) We needed some new egg recipes!
I asked a bunch of blogging friends to share their favorite egg recipes with me to
break up the monotony find new ways to use up our abundance. If you’re lucky enough to have a steady source of fresh eggs, I’m sure you’ll find at least one recipe here you’d like to try.
Scrambled and fried egg recipes
These recipes offer a little twist on the usual fried or scrambled eggs. Spice ’em up, add some veggies, and these eggs are a whole new meal.
- Huevos Rancheros [Cultured Table]
- Basil for Breakfast [Little Owl, Crunchy Momma]
- Green Eggs and Ham [Real Food and Real Fitness]
- Spicy Eggs, Bacon, and Kale [Fewell Homestead]
Frittata and Quiche
Whisking eggs and baking them with a variety of vegetables and herbs — with or without a crust — is an easy way to feed a family in a hurry. Many of these frittata and quiche egg dishes are a good dinner-in-a-hurry option that you can get away with serving company in a pinch.
- Breakfast Egg Muffins [Attainable Sustainable]
- Savory Tartlet Recipe with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta [Attainable Sustainable]
- Bacon and Cauliflower Frittata [Little Owl, Crunchy Momma]
- Gluten Free Artichoke and Cheese Quiche [Don’t Mess With Mama]
- Crustless Beet Quiche [Fresh Bites Daily]
Muffins, pancakes, & French toast
For a sweet breakfast that uses a number of eggs, pancakes and French toast can’t be beat. Muffins are great for breakfast but can double as a snack to tuck into a lunchbox, too.
- Better than Starbucks Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins [Attainable Sustainable]
- Quick & Easy Healthy Waffles [Attainable Sustainable]
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole [Attainable Sustainable]
- Grain-Free Coconut Muffins [Kitchen Stewardship]
- Autumn Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes [Kitchen Stewardship]
- Amazing Applesauce Muffins [Intoxicated on Life]
- Peaches ‘n Cream Overnight French Toast [Real Food Outlaws]
- Baked French Toast [Schneiderpeeps]
- Custard-Style French Toast [Urban Overalls]
Serving up savory egg dishes
It’s really amazing how many different ways there are to cook with eggs. It’s just a matter of seeking out unusual recipes. Most of these savory egg recipes can stand up to dinner time scrutiny.
- Avocado Deviled Eggs [Attainable Sustainable]
- Healthy Vegetarian Egg Muffins [Attainable Sustainable]
- Eggs Florentine [Nourishing Minimalism]
- Easy Weeknight Mexican Eggs [Life Currents]
- Gluten Free Cheesy Biscuits [Intoxicated on Life]
- Creamy Swiss Chard and Eggs [Live Simply]
- Cubano Benedict [Cavegirl Cuisine]
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Quiche [Real Housemoms]
- Spinach Quiche Muffins [To Simply Inspire]
- Stuffed Breakfast Peppers [Premeditated Leftovers]
- Eggs Baked in Ramekins [Amanda’s Cookin’]
When it comes to using eggs, custards and baked goods are stellar. The easy egg recipes here use real food ingredients and many fit special dietary needs, too.
- Liliko‘i Bread [Attainable Sustainable]
- Pumpkin Creme Brulee Recipe [Cultured Table]
- Paleo Banana Bread [Gutsy by Nature]
- Easy Pumpkin Pie [Attainable Sustainable]
- Cinnamon Spice Pumpkin Bars [Attainable Sustainable]
- Coconut Macaroons [Common Sense Homesteading]
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Custard Cups [Attainable Sustainable]
- Layered Carrot Cake [Cultured Table]
- Chocolate Waffles [A Girl Worth Saving]
- Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cheesecake [Intoxicated on Life]
- Paleo Sweet Potato Pie [Hollywood Homestead]
- Paleo Macaroons [Hollywood Homestead]
- Old Fashioned Custard Pie [Spaceships and Laserbeams]
(And of course you will want to save your eggshells for the garden, right?)
Originally published April 2014; this post has been updated.