I don’t know about you, but I always have good intentions of making homemade Christmas gifts well in advance of the holiday. And then life gets in the way and I find myself with some holes to fill in my list. Sound familiar?
Good news, though: You can pull these homemade Christmas gifts together in under an hour.
From the Kitchen:
- Make up a batch of coffee liqueur or creme de cacao. Sure, it’s best if it sits for awhile so the flavors can meld, but nobody’s going to complain if it’s not aged perfectly.
- This berry sauce can be made from frozen berries and comes together in a hurry.
- If you have a few days, throw together a batch of homemade grainy mustard. It takes five minutes to make, but you’ll need to let it sit for a few days before it’s ready to give.
- Got citrus? A bottle of tangerine syrup would be a novel gift for a foodie.
- Put a little chocolate under the tree with a plate of homemade fudge or a batch of peppermint bark.
- Warm up the holiday with this homemade hot chocolate mix.
From the Heart:
- Stitch up a set of mini bags for buying spices in bulk. Or follow the same directions and make larger bags for produce shopping.
- Or gift a set of these pretty upcycled linen bread bags to your favorite bread baker.
- Mix up a batch of solid perfume in a scent that’s perfect for your loved ones.
- Give a set of these super simple bottle cap candles.
- A ‘Make Your Own Laundry Soap‘ kit? Brilliant! Gather the ingredients into a pretty basket. (I’d make mine sans plastic wrap.) Need a recipe? I like Frugal Kiwi’s laundry soap recipe.
- Your friend who is trying for a lower-waste kitchen will appreciate some cute beeswax wraps.
- Gardeners will appreciate homemade a tin of natural bug bite relief or mosquito repellent.
- Years (and I mean years) ago, I made what became known as ‘rice babies’ for my family. Essentially a small pillow filled with rice, it can be warmed in a microwave and used as a bed warmer. My mom still uses hers and tells me regularly that she loves it. It was the easiest thing in the world to make. Maine Warmers offers a nice tutorial for people who want to make their own.
- Indulge your gift recipients with a homemade sugar scrub or solid lotion bar.
- Whip up some lavender-mint lip balm.
- Grab your essential oils and mix up a batch of scented room sprays.
Homemade Christmas Gifts for the Kiddos:
- Tactile and fragrant, gingerbread playdough is sure to please. Tie on a cookie cutter or two and the kids will be busy for hours.
- If you sew, make them a homemade bean bag game.
- Gather up 26 smooth stones and add a little paint to make this sweet alphabet set.
- Turn your fabric scraps into a simple memory game.
- The little girls on your list will enjoy making their own with this DIY lip balm kit.
Need even MORE ideas for easy homemade Christmas gifts?
- DIY Holiday Gifts from Melissa at Every Growing Farm
- Gifts for kids that won’t undermine your values or break the bank [Attainable Sustainable]
- Have Yourself a Homemade Christmas from Susan at Living and Learning
- A DIY Christmas: 10 Great Ideas from Leona at My Healthy Green Family
- 10 Really Last Minute Homemade Christmas Ideas from Teri at Homestead Honey
- Simple DIY Gifts Made with Love from Kristin at Live Simply
- DIY Christmas Gifts from Chris at Joybilee Farm
- Homemade Christmas Gifts from Annie at Montana Homesteader
- 12 Days of Homemade Christmas from Katie at Livin Lovin Farmin
- The Ultimate Homemade Holiday: The Best DIY Gift Ideas from Meredith at Imaginacres